Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Friday 17 July 2009

Required Reading!

Not two minutes ago I finished reading CJ Mahaney's little book "Living the Cross Centered Life". What an absolute joy and inspiration it has been. It's ministered to my soul, strenghtened my heart and energised me for Christ centered living. It was Tim Keller who really helped me to grasp that the gospel is not just the "ABC" but the "A to Z", not just the way in to the Christian life but the way on and CJ Mahaney has done a similar job in helping me to understand the centrality of the work of Christ on the Cross. I'm ordering loads of copies for LBC because I so want everyone to read it before the start of the new ministry year in September. What a great thing it would be if we could all read it over the summer and get excited again (and perhaps for the first time) about Jesus. How we need Him to be central in the distracted times in which we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Always happy for you to post your comments - remembering of course that they'll be seen by everyone!!!