Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Monday 21 December 2009

Pastoring When You Can't "Pastor"

Thought you'd be interested to see this latest on Matt Chandler. If you've read previous posts you'll know that he has recently had a malignant brain tumour removed. I'm watching his story unfold and I've been deeply moved with what's happening. I'm also drawn to the fact that he's continuing to pastor his church as he's going through all this. I don't mean he's "leading" the church, running the organisation, etc I mean pastoring. He's feeding, nurturing, protecting and, I would say, disciplining the flock of God (1 Peter 5) that he's called to pastor and he's doing this by the way he's living with this terrible situation.

Below I've posted in the video that was played to his church this w/e. Again I'm humbled by what he says. One thing that caught my attention: "One of the reasons this is good for all of us..." What do you make of that?!

Message from Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Always happy for you to post your comments - remembering of course that they'll be seen by everyone!!!