Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Thursday 10 January 2013

A Prayer for the Frontline


Our "Frontline" is the place where our faith in Christ intersects with those who aren't Christians.  Wherever this is for us can I offer you this prayer (courtesy of Chris Dinsdale of Chaplaincy Plus).  Of course your Frontline may not be a "workplace" as such, it might be the kitchen table if you share a house with people who aren't Believers, or it could be the school gate or the Pilates class -adapt the prayer as necessary!


My Heavenly Father, as I enter this work place, I acknowledge your presence ahead of me.
I speak Your peace, Your grace, Your mercy, and Your perfect order into  this office.
I acknowledge Your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and done within these walls.
Lord, I thank You for the gifts you have blessed me with.  I commit to using them responsibly in Your honour.
Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job.  Anoint my projects, ideas and energy, so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring You glory.
Lord, when I am confused, guide me.  When I am weary, energise me.  When I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit.
May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy, and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.
And Oh Lord, when I leave this place, give me travelling mercy.
Bless my family and home to be in order as I left it.
Lord, I thank you for everything You've done, everything You're doing, and everything You're going to do.
In the Name of Jesus I pray, with much love and thanksgiving....Amen.

1 comment:

Hi. Always happy for you to post your comments - remembering of course that they'll be seen by everyone!!!