Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Monday 26 April 2010

Sitting and Waiting

A couple of months ago the physio department at Lymington hospital suggested I take one of their 6 session core stability programmes to help with some ongoing back problems.  

So I turn up for the first week.  

In fact as I write this I'm sitting in the reception area waiting to be summoned to who knows where.   I'm 15 minutes early and I'm here, waiting, with NOTHING to do.   I never go anywhere without at least some of the contents of my "reading tray" but not today.   What was I thinking as I left my study?    I tried as best I could to time it so that I could drive to the hospital, park, find the place and be  just in time to go straight in.   Something has gone terribly wrong.   What a complete waste of 15 minutes.  I could have DONE something, but no, I just have to sit here waiting.    

Note to self.......either come prepared to sit and "be" or take something but but don't put yourself through this ordeal again.    A guy's just arrived and signed in.  Now he's got it right, 4 minutes to spare.   Oh to be him!  But wait, here's someone who's arrived with just one minute to spare.  Awesome performance.   Much respect etc.  

Ok time to go........    

7 comments:

  1. But what about the man who left not knowing that the traffic conditions and parking would conspire against him. After nearly crashing his car and having a heart attack he arrives in the waiting room in a sweat, only to be told he has missed his appointment.

    I admire those people who never seem to be in a rush and have time to notice what is going on around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to slow down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that maybe you need to take a few deep breaths and slow down!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what happens when they keep you waiting, as they are running late? How would you cope with that -as it happens a lot. People watching is a great way to spend time while you wait, and pray for them as they pass you by. It just might change their life - A fantastic way to spend 15 minutes! Hope the session was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time to 'be still & know that I am God' (Psalm 46:10.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness you didn't say you were "bored"!
    How fortunate you are that you are usually in control and set the pace. The hardest thing about waiting is that you are dependant on others to set the agenda. Perhaps you were being told to relax and do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing what elicits a comment

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Always happy for you to post your comments - remembering of course that they'll be seen by everyone!!!