Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Monday 15 February 2010

Another Monday

They come round with frequent regularity and here we are again, almost at the end of another Monday.

Stephen is a student at Moorlands College and he's on a five week block placement. He wants to find out whether pastoral ministry is for him so not only is he shadowing me (an eye opener I think after just one day) but he's also moved in to our house. I figured he may as well as get the whole "pastor with wife and three kids" 24/7 experience!

I'm 24 hours free from my Episodic Cluster Headaches so I'm praying that they've gone for another season. They really are the weirdest (and most painful) thing. By the end of this cluster I could set my watch to within a few minutes of when they would come - bizarre. I got supplied with another 4 O2 cylinders today as well!

Preparing for an overseas conference I'm speaking at this w/e. Well OK, it's the Isle of Wight which is as close as I'm likely to get.

Really behind on prep for E4 where I'm going to be teaching on biblical eldership.....really need to put some time into this as its a critical subject for reasons I hope to blog about shortly.

Soooooo looking forward to listening to Part 2 of Matt Chandler's series on progressive sanctification tomorrow night at MSG. Again need to prep for this to get maximum return on it. Love the fact my group get to hear this great teacher.

Back working at Costa tomorrow afternoon which I'm really looking forward to.

Need to reflect on the degree to which many evangelicals have a faith more akin to something out of the New Age rather than the Bible....it's just that I'm meeting so many people who believe that if they do a pile of stuff like read the bible, show up at church, do a mission trip, not get drunk etc then somehow God owes them a nice life. When life hits them in the face, as it does they say, "How could you do this to me God?!" and stomp off. Anyway......

Night in tonight - yes!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic news about the headaches going. As for Evangelicals I feel we could do with a bit more action:

    "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?" James 2:14 A fine balance between what we do and why we do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased the headaches have gone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Always happy for you to post your comments - remembering of course that they'll be seen by everyone!!!